FULL TOUR PLANNING
Let me design an Italy trip just for you.
Tell me your vision or goals for your Italian vacation, and I'll personally craft your dream itinerary and make your arrangements. It takes an expert, such as myself (37 years doing this, 10 years living in Italy, and 35 years teaching and writing about ancient, medieval and Renaissance Italy), to design your once-in-a-lifetime Italy experience.
You tell me your ideas for your time in Italy, and I'll flesh it out to make it all come to life!
Make the most of your time in Italy with our expert local guides.
You can put that guide book away and actually look at Michelangelo's David while your guide recounts the creation and meaning of this Michelangelo masterpiece.
And if a question pops into your mind, you can ask it and get an informed, insightful answer right then and there. (Why on earth did he make it 17 feet tall? After all, Donatello's David, created about 60 years earlier, stands only 5 feet, 2 inches! What happened?!)
Once your itinerary is ready and you've made your decisions about hotels, guides, transportation, special activities & events, etc., it will be time to make your reservations. Many travelers prefer to do this online on their own. (This is easier than in may sound, since you will receive all the necessay contact information along with your itinerary. This is also how you get the lowest prices for accommodations.) Some prefer to have their local travel agent make reservations. And some prefer to have one of Roam in Italy's travel-agent associates make their reservation.
The choice is yours.
(Just let us know what you decide.)
The Full Tour Planning fee is $1,190 for 1-7 days in Italy and $170 for each additional day.
What You Receive
• The Roam in Italy Questionnaire. This will begin to give me an idea of who’s going; your preferred means of in-Italy transportation; the places you'd like to visit; the things you'd like to see and do; and your budget.
• A 30-minute phone consultation (at a time that fits your schedule). This is when we can discuss and clarify.
• Your custom-crafted day-by-day itinerary. This will include at least one structured activity or event per day; recommendations for accommodations, restaurants, and in-Italy transportation; major activities and events related to your interests; top local tour guides; and tours and other activities you may want to do without a guide.
• Important information. With your itinerary, I'll send you addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers of the recommended hotels, restaurants, private guides, guided tours and "Special Events".
• Specially prepared information sheets: Seasonal Wardrobe Suggestions; How to Pack for Italy; Euros and You; Using Your Smartphone, Tablet, & Laptop in Italy.
For a more detailed description,
After you go over the itinerary, you can approve it or send it back with comments on how to better tailor it to your travel vision. If necessary, I'll prepare and send you a revised itinerary addressing your comments.
Roam in Italy fees cover pre-trip services only. The fees you pay to Roam in Italy do not go toward payments for hotels, guided tours, special events and activities, transportation, or any other in-Italy expenses. Such payments are to be paid by you directly to the providers.
Please note: I do not work for commissions from hotels, guides, transportation services etc. I strive to get you the lowest prices possible without compromising quality. My recommendations are based on your needs and preferences. Period.